Get into the Easter long-weekend spirit with these (actually!) fluffy and remarkably filling pancakes, starring Vanilla Maple Rumble.
We kept the recipe simple, healthy, and straight-forward. Because Vanilla Maple Rumble is already packed with nutrients, protein, fats, sweetness, and flavour, you only need five ingredients to pull this recipe off (Rumble included!).
The end result is a tall, fluffy, and completely delicious 100% whole wheat pancake that will power you, your kids, and your Grandma for hours.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 carton of Vanilla Maple Rumble
- 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- butter for the griddle or frying pan (okay fine, that's technically 6 ingredients!).
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and Rumble then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the egg and Rumble mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring as you pour.
- Mix together the ingredients until just combined. Let the batter rest for a couple of minutes for maximum fluffiness.
- Melt a bit of butter on a cast-iron skillet, frying pan, or griddle, set to medium-low heat, depending on the strength of your stovetop. Once sizzling, scoop batter onto the skillet in small circles. Let cook, flipping after a minute or so once edges have started to firm and small bubbles appear on the top (or, just check the bottom - if it looks golden, you're good to flip!).
- Keep cooked pancakes warm in an oven set to 200 degrees before serving. Serve with maple syrup, plain yogurt, and plenty of fruit!
Leftover pancakes can be kept in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to two months. Pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to thaw, then bake in the toaster for a quick breakfast or snack.